PALETTE: TARTAN & TWEED
Enjoy the jolly good show, saddle up and enjoy the ride! It’s a poor sport that doesn’t want to dust off the family kilt and take supper with a fiery tibble in the library. Ok so we don’t really have a proper winter here but as the temperature drops we all have a little tartan & tweed longing. It’s the immaculate layering, timeless tailoring, details not only in the fabric but all the nonchalant embellishments that accompany and are associated with a textile of such blue blood.
It’s comfort, warmth and honest materials. It’s classic heirlooms, found objects, roaring fires, golden hues of rich old red timbers, autumnal tones with rich accents of red, burgundy, emerald & dark navy. It’s peeling wallpapers, hearty blankets, solace and bustle, family and friends – all that is close to the bosom and fond of heart. Walnut, copper, velvet, leather and of course, wool are just a few materials that come to mind when we ruminate on tartan & tweed.
And if there’s one great dame that knows how to steal the show with tartan & tweed it’s the most truly marvelous iconic English designer Vivienne Westwood.
Rich in history and fabulously appealing to the winter’s eye, go on and embrace the warmth of tartan and tweed this winter.
1. Euroluce Non Usual Tumblr Quintin Lake Flodeau
2. Ru-Ka Herman Miller Just the Design
3. Mens Reverie Phoebe Scarlet Urban Loft
4. Tom Dixon Pinterest Source Unknown Jessica Helgerson Interior Design Richard Grafton Interiors
5. This is Glamorous, Pinterest Source Unknown
6. Decor8 Holly, Harriet Anstruther, Carmencitab
7. Space I-D Harriet Anstruther, Indesign Live