PALETTE: WINTER WHITES
White has a reputation for being sterile and cold, like ice and snow and overcast days. People are afraid of white, that it will highlight mess and imperfection, but for us, white creates a beautiful backdrop for ‘the little things’. There is nothing quite as soothing as a symphony of objects in hues of white. There really is nothing as lovely as fresh white sheets, a table of crisp white linen with a mix of vintage white crockery.
White is dramatic. White is subtle. A monochrome palette creates an unassuming space for the subtleties of form and shadow to play the protagonist.
If white makes your heart race, here are a number of our favourite white furniture pieces. Layer up the tonal variations of the pink-toned white of the Baklava floor lamp, the mottled grey white of the Carrara marble Marsotto side table, the golden glow of the milky white glass Atollo lamp, the pure white shell of the Gubi 5 chair and the thick glossy white glaze of India Madhavi’s Bishop stool for a crisp but never cold interior.
So, with the crispness of the Southern hemisphere winter days – this post is a nod to the more beguiling side of monochrome.
1. Huiuh, Nathalie Derouet, Pinterest (source unknown), Bemboka, Great Dane
2. Martha Stewart, Max Zerrahn, Hironaka Ogawa, Z potrzeby piekna, Josef Hoflehner, India Mahdavi
3. Dariel Studio, Expensive Life, Gubi, Mushimegane
4. Miss Moss, Pinterest (source unknown), Huiuh, Josef Hoflehner, Euroluce
5. Josef Hoflehner, The Family Love Tree, Miss Moss, Josef Hoflehner, Hub Furniture